AS/EN/JISQ 9100 (Aerospace Industry)
The harmonized Standard AS 9100 was developed under the general coordination of the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG). AS 9100 is based on the ISO 9000 Series of Standards and includes supplements and interpretations specially aligned to the needs of the aerospace industry.
EN 9100 was created by AECMA-STAN (“Association Européenne des Constructeurs de Matériels Aérospatial – Standardisation” – “European Association of Aerospace Industries – Standardization”). Meanwhile AECMA has been replaced by ASD (Aerospace and Defence Industries Association of Europe).
EN 9001 is identical to AS 9100 and JISQ 9100. These terms only denote the respective national Standard (EN for Europe, AS for America, JISQ for Japan).
Today AS/EN/JISQ 9001 is a Standard in aerospace industry recognized world-wide. Like in the automotive industry, this Standard is helping to standardize the numerous company specific requirements placed on quality management systems. In the meantime AS/EN/JISQ 9100 Series of Standards has established itself, and more and more companies prescribe certification acc. to these Standards to their suppliers.
Today a distinction is made between the following models:
- EN 9100: Model for quality assurance in design, development, production, installation and servicing
- EN 9110: Model for quality assurance applicable to maintenance organizations
- EN 9120: Requirements for stockist distributors
A special service offered by IAQG is the OASIS (Online Aerospace Supplier Information System) Database. This database directly shows all the accredited Certification Bodies as well as the organizations certified acc. to the Standards above.
- avoid multiple auditing
- optimize the overall organization
- strategic business planning
- further development of the improvement process
- secure project management, ensuring start of production and absolute process control
- reduce scatter and wastage in the supply chain
- optimize the value added chain
- aerospace industry in general
- the total supply chain of the aerospace industry, i.e. direct and indirect suppliers
- distributors and maintenance companies
EN 9100 is a technical Standard that has been created by IAQG on the basis of the ISO 9000 Series of Standards. EN 9100/9110 is based on the structure of ISO 9001:2015 and has been adequately supplemented and defined more precisely relating to the specific requirements of the aerospace industry in all the clauses. The supplements and specifications are marked by bold or italic letters.
The audits are conducted on the basis of the respective EN Standard / Checklist by experienced aerospace auditors, who have been registered by AAIG (Austrian Aeronautic Industries Group). Auditing / certification also includes assessment / classification and identification and statement of the degree of fulfilment. Independently from the scoring achieved, an EN 9100/9110 Certificate based on ISO 9001:2015 will be issued upon positive completion of auditing.
Some of the priorities are:
- configuration management
- design and development (verification / validation / tests)
- production and service provision (documentation / control / change)
- inspection and test documentation
- inspection and testing of initial articles
Quality Austria - Trainings, Zertifizierungs und Gutachtungs GmbH is accredited by the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy and AAI and recognized by IAQG (OASIS).
Quality Austria - Trainings, Zertifizierungs und Gutachtungs GmbH is the first certification body to be accredited for aerospace industries.
ISO 9000 ff, EASA / FAA / FAR specifications (EASA – European Safety Aviation Agency; FAA – Federal Aviation Administration; FAR – Federal Acquisition Regulation), requirements relating to aerospace law, e.g. Part 21