IATF 16949:2016 is a standard in the automotive industry that is recognized world-wide. This standard has significantly contributed to the harmonization of the requirements placed on management systems in the automotive industry. IATF 16949 is recognized by all automobile manufacturers globally and is required in the supply chain.
With a certification according to IATF 16949 an organization will automatically also meet the requirements of ISO 9001 as well as the basic expectations of many automobile manufacturers and the supplier industry as a whole.
In its 1st edition, IATF 16949:2016 is the successor to ISO/TS 16949:2009. Together with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 9000:2015 as well as the relevant customer specific requirements of the automotive industry, this quality management system standard establishes the conditions of quality management systems for automotive production and relevant service parts organizations.
Certification according to IATF 16949 can be done exclusively by a certification body recognized and accredited by IATF (International Automotive Task Force) and by specially qualified auditors. At the moment, IATF 16949 is a harmonized standard, which includes the requirements placed on quality management systems by the automobile manufacturers that are most important world-wide. It is a matter of guaranteeing the strategic further development of quality management on the basis of ISO 9001 by integrating the additional requirements of the automotive industry into the management system and structure. Nowadays many automobile manufacturers absolutely demand certification according to IATF 16949 as a prerequisite for admitting an organization to their pool of manufacturers.
This requirement also includes the necessity to demonstrate that all suppliers employed in the supply chain are at least certified according to ISO 9001, and additionally have processes conforming to IATF 16949.
- Using the automobile core tools
- Further development of the improvement process
- Ensuring process performance in the realization processes (process capability, product saftey, warranty management, subsupplier mangement)
- Reducing scatter and wastage in the supply chain
- Optimizing the value added chain (efficiency of the processes)
- Automotive industry and its subsuppliers
- The overall supply chain of the automotive industry; therefore referring to both direct and indirect suppliers of products that are installed in the vehicle
Die Forderungen der IATF 16949:2016 sind in Ergänzung an die diesbezüglichen Kapitel der ISO 9001:2015 angeführt. Die neuen Forderungen der IATF 16949 sind z.B.:
- Anforderungen für sicherheitsrelevante Teile und Prozesse
- Erhöhte Anforderungen zur Rückverfolgbarkeit der Produkte
- Anforderungen für Produkte mit integrierter Software
- Gewährleistungsmanagement mit Bezug auf „NTF“ (no trouble found)
- Präzisierung des Unterlieferantenmanagements und der Lieferantenentwicklung
- Ergänzung von Anforderungen an die Unternehmensverantwortung
Quality Austria - Trainings, Zertifizierungs und Begutachtungs GmbH has been accredited by IATF since 01/2001 and is the first Austrian certification body to be accredited for IATF 16949 (formerly ISO/TS 16949) by IATF.
If you are interested in system certification, we will be pleased to contact you. Please complete the inquiry form below. An employee will deal with your concern as soon as possible.
As for information given on the phone, our Customer Service Center will be pleased to be at your disposal at +43 732 34 23 22.
Information for offers
In order to enable us to make a detailed and complete offer for certification/assessment of your organization, you are requested to complete this questionnaire and return it to us via fax: +43 732 34 23 23
or e-mail: office(at)qualityaustria.com.
If you have questions, our Customer Service Center will be pleased
to be at your disposal at +43 732 34 23 22.