ÖN EN 15593 is a European hygiene standard for food packaging. It describes the requirements for the management system, the risk analysis and risk assessment, the monitoring of high-risk process points as well as the branch-specific GMP requirements. The structure of this management system is compatible with ISO 9001, the hygiene regulations for packaging are for example compatible with ISO 22000.
EN 15593 enables an organization to:
- plan, design, implement, operate, maintain and update a hazard analysis and risk assessment system;
- ensure the production of food packaging materials conforming with the hygiene requirements;
- demonstrate conformity with agreed customers’ hygiene requirements;
- prove the effectiveness of the system;
- help food manufacturers to provide adequate evidence to compliance with food and packaging safety regulations;
- ensure that it complies with its stated hygiene policy;
- demonstrate such compliance to other interested parties;
- seek registration or certification of its food packaging hygiene management system by an external organization.
- Manufacturers of food packaging
- Material manufacturers and their suppliers
- Companies in charge of transport and storage of food packaging
The list of requirements of EN 15593 contains hygiene management, hazard analysis and risk assessment, sources of contamination, factory requirements and personnel.
ISO 9001, ISO 22000, FSSC 22000, BRC Packaging, BRC – Global Markets Programs, IFS PACsecure, EN ISO 15378, FEFCO GMP
If you are interested in system certification, we will be pleased to contact you. Please complete the inquiry form below. An employee will deal with your concern as soon as possible.
As for information given on the phone, our Customer Service Center will be pleased to be at your disposal at (+43 732) 34 23 22.