Organizations are increasingly interested to inform on soft facts on top of their economic success, which is mostly presented in the business report.
- Soft facts reported in an environmental report provide information on the organization’s environmental performance, which can be published with or without economic data.
- Soft facts reported in a sustainability report provide information on the organization’s social behaviour regarding its closer work environment, such as relationships with suppliers, customers and employees or the way it deals with human rights and minorities. This information will be combined with a presentation of the organization’s environmental and economic performance.
Many ecological and social achievements of an organization are often as self-evident for top management while they are not known to the large public.
Environmental and sustainability reports provide you with the opportunity toconvincingly present these achievements.
Credible and traceable communication of the organizations’ sustainable performance:
- employee motivation
- boosting the image in the public
- improving the sustainability process in the organization
Basically any organization – company, administrative body or NGO – can write a sustainability report and have it validated, independently from the company size or sector.
The existence of a management system according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and/or to the EMAS Regulation is advantageous.
Environmental Statements according to the EMAS Regulation, business reports or knowledge balances can be integrated in the sustainability report.
There are no compulsory normative requirements placed on the contents of the reports. Therefore, we recommend to use the internationally recognized guideline "Sustainability Reporting Guidelines" of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) in the currently valid versions as a basis.
Important criteria are relevance, completeness and integrity, truth and understandability of the contents of the report, data and indicators.
Steps towards validation
The range of services provided by Quality Austria includes:
- preliminary talk
- review of the draft report
- validation and plausibility check on-site
- test certificate, which will be printed in the report
ISO 9001, EMAS-VO, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 26000, ONR 192500, SR 10
If you are interested in system certification, we will be pleased to contact you. Please complete the inquiry form below. An employee will deal with your concern as soon as possible.
As for information given on the phone, our Customer Service Center will be pleased to be at your disposal at +43 732 34 23 22.