Today we would like to present the following EU-funded project with qualityaustria participation:
GameHub: University-enterprises cooperation in game industry in Ukraine
By building a symbiotic cooperation between universities and the game industry, the GameHub project fosters human investment into the emerging Ukrainian IT Business Sector.
The main objective of the GameHub project is to ensure employment and self-sustainability of universities and colleges graduates, unemployed engineers as well as veterans of Anti-Terror Operation in Ukraine by offering them the set of knowledge and skills demanded by digital game industry - a highly-networked one that impacts on global economy.
The consortium aims to:
(1) Ensure the self-sustainability of students, ATO veterans, unemployment center applicants and career-transitioning engineers by equipping them with the skills and knowledge needed for employment in the digital game sector.
(2) Promote professional development in digital game industry among universities’ faculty staff, teachers and researchers, as well as among trainers at unemployment and job consulting centers.
(3) Help game sector managers assimilate university graduates into their companies.
Expected Outcomes of the project:
- built competence profiles of employees at all professional levels within the digital game market
- training provided to 180 university teachers, 500 students and 150 unemployed (including ATO veterans) to enhance their skill and competency levels
- GameHub structure and facilities at every Ukrainian partner university
- newly created game labs with 18 learning modules, providing open and innovative teaching resources for new subjects that will modernize the Ukrainian engineering education
- an international Game Festival organized by the consortium in Ukraine
- enhanced relevance of the universities’ curricula to the Ukrainian labor market
Role of Quality Austria within the project
Quality Austria’s main duty is quality control and monitoring the GameHub project management and production with special focus on evaluation of provided trainings within the project. Furthermore Quality Austria will support the development of competence profiles and organize the external evaluation of the project.
- University of Deusto, Spain (coordinator)
- Akademia Gorniczo-Hutnicza im.Stanislawa Staszica w Krakowie, Poland
- FH JOANNEUM Gesellschaft M.B.H., Austria
- Quality Austria - Trainings, Zertifizierungs und Begutachtungs GmbH, Austria
- Fundación Virtualware Labs, Spain
- State Institution of Higher Education Donetsk National Technical University, Ukraine
- Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University, Ukraine
- Kherson National Technical University, Ukraine
- Kyiv National University of Construction and Architecture, Ukraine
- National Technical University Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute, Ukraine
- Odessa National Polytechnic University, Ukraine
- Ukrainian association of information technologies professionals, Ukraine