Compliance Management systems: ISO 19600 and ONR 192050
ISO 19600:2014 and ONR 192050:2013 provide support to system managers for easier implementation of the numerous standard and legal requirements into an Integrated Management System in practice. Furthermore, these Standards provide a clear competitive advantage in tenders and minimize liability risks for executives.
In Compliance Management, the greatest challenge is to ensure the risk-based legal conformity at all levels. Ignorance or a lack of responsibility often lead to significant gaps in compliance, which must be closed quickly.
The large number of national laws, regulations, Standards, or individual mandatory administrative documents (notifications etc.) as well as the almost impenetrable jungle of binding European legal norms in recent years has accrued the implementation of a solid compliance structure to a Conditio sine qua non. Administrative and criminal liability issues in particular are becoming increasingly important in con-nection with the liability of executives and the responsibility of associations. A solid internal control system (ICS) can minimize liability risks.
A management system acc. to ISO 19600 and ONR 192050 ensures systematic further development of the organization and the optimization of processes. Internal and external audits contribute to this.
The advantages of certification for companies are therefore obvious:
- It offers a systematically clear control mechanism for all internal compliance issues that need to be dealt with and thus largely meets the requirements of an „internal control system”.
- The risk-based approach ensures early detection and prevention of possible liability risks.
- ISO 19600 has adopted the High Level Structure of Annex SL, which not only enables the integration into an existing management system, but also ensures numerous synergies (e.g. compliance report, handling of compliance obligations ISO 14001 etc.).
The qualityaustria Certificate after an assessment acc. to ISO 19600 and certification acc. to ONR 192050 provides objective evidence and should create trust – internally and externally.
- Increased legal certainty and transparency
- Ensuring solid compliance structures
- Increase of compliance competence
The Standards are applicable to all types and sizes of organizations, from all industries.
ISO 19600 provides a clearly structured guidance for increasing the legal security within your organization.
ONR 192050 contains a short but concise requirements catalog for the implementation of a Compliance Management System. ONR 192050 is to be understood as a subset of ISO 19600. The difference between the two Standards lies not in the content, but in the fact that ONR 192050, in contrast to ISO 19600, is formulated as a requirements model and is considerably shorter. If the recommendations of ISO 19600 are fulfilled, also ONR 192050 can be regarded as implemented in the company.
Revision of ISO 19600: ISO 19600 will become ISO 37301 in 2021! We offer the new standard as soon as it is published.