AS/EN/JISQ 9100/9110 (Aviation, Space and Defense Industries)
AS/EN/JISQ 9100/9110 is the worldwide recognized quality standard in the aerospace industry. The abbreviations AS, EN and JISQ indicate the respective national editions of the standard (AS = America, EN = Europe, JISQ = Japan).
All standards in the EN 9100 family are based on the High Level Structure (HLS) of ISO 9001 and specify additional aviation, space and defense industry requirements.
A distinction is made between the following models:
- EN 9100: Quality Management standard that is intended for use by organizations that design, develop, or provide aviation, space and defense products and services
- EN 9110: Quality Management standard for organizations providing maintenance
By meeting the requirements of AS/EN/JISQ 9100/9110, organizations can demonstrate their commitment to quality, safety and reliability.
Successful certification by an independent body not only provides objective evidence of compliance, but also builds up trust among customers. Furthermore, certified organizations are included in the IAQG international database. Listing in the OASIS database is increasingly considered a prerequisite for being approved as a new supplier to customers.
- Avoidance of multiple auditing by reducing the number of audits (e.g. by clients)
- Optimization of the entire organization
- Strategic business planning, customer focus
- Further development of the improvement process
- Secured project management, ensuring start of production and absolute process control
- Reduction of variation and wastage in the supply chain
- Optimization of the value chain
- Risk minimization by applying systematic methods
- The total supply chain of the aerospace industry, i.e. both direct and indirect suppliers of products and services of all types
- Maintenance companies
The audits are performed by experienced aerospace auditors approved by the IAQG (International Aerospace Quality Group) on the basis of the respective internationally applicable requirements. In Austria, approval is granted by the Austrian Aeronautics Industries Group (AAIG), which is the IAQG national body.
After positive completion of the audit, the respective certificate will be issued. Some focal points are, for example:
- process orientation
- risk management based on analysis and evaluation
- configuration management
- design and development (verification / validation / test)
- production and service provision (documentation / control / change)
- inspection and test documentation
- first article inspection
Quality Austria - Trainings, Zertifizierungs und Begutachtungs GmbH is accredited by the Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs (BMDW) and AAIG (IAQG) and is officially recognized in the OASIS database.
Quality Austria - Trainings, Zertifizierungs und Begutachtungs GmbH is the first approved certification body in Austria to be accredited for the aerospace industry.
Requirements related to aerospace law, for example EASA Part 21, FAA, FAR etc.