Welding Manufacturing Companies: ISO 3834/1-5
The series of standards ISO 3834 establishes the quality and documentation requirements to be met by a manufacturer of fusion welded components and structures.
Particularly the requirements for the needed welding personnel have reached an international agreement and are based on harmonized ISO Standards with a transition period.
- International recognition for the export of products
- Control of the defined quality of the products and their manufacturing processes
- Better utilization of human, technical and organizational resources
- Reduction of rejects, rework or additional work
- Increase in competitiveness
- Compliance with indispensable demands for the exchange of goods and the placing of welded products on the market
- Increase of customer satisfaction
The series of standards regulates the quality requirements placed on welding companies and establishes principles for quality assurance of welded products. It covers both, series production and individual production in all manufacturing areas, such as pipelines, construction of containers and apparatus, household and agricultural appliances, cranes, bridges or other welded components.
ISO 3834 is a binding requirement of various product standards, such as e.g. EN 1090 “Execution of support structures”, pressure equipment directive or the manufacturing of railway vehicles. The fulfillment of the requirements of ISO 3834 is therefore mandatory. In other areas the fulfillment is voluntary, but in any case it is highly recommended to be able to prove the state of the art.
- Welding supervisors
- Welding manufacturers
- Persons in charge of the in-house production protocol acc. to EN 1090
- Inspection bodies
- Quality representatives
- Supply industry
- Training establishments
Quality Austria - Trainings, Zertifizierungs und Begutachtungs GmbH is accredited for the certification of quality requirements according to ISO 3834-2, 3 and 4.
EN 1090, EN 15085