- Decreases costs of product life cycle management, audits, supplier management expenses, and general operations
- Delivers improvements in
- Performance in manufacturing and service
- Reliability of processes and production
- Life-cycle management
- Supply chain efficiencies
- Employee teamwork
- Increases the efficiency of external audits and site visits
- Ensures operational consistency
- Quantifies performance results
Customer Relationship Benefits
- Provides access to a greater customer base
- Enhances competitive position
- Improves customer service and overall satisfaction
- Establishes a method to gather and measure quality and performance data
- Demonstrates a commitment to product quality and customer value through focus on cycle-time reductions; on-time deliveries; return rates; reliability; and defect elimination
- Demonstrates the company’s accountability and focus on continual improvement
- Enables the development of stronger customer/supplier relationships
In 1998, QuEST Forum developed the TL 9000 Quality Management System to meet the supply chain quality requirements of the worldwide telecommunications industry. Through TL 9000, it set out to achieve the following goals:
- Establish and maintain a common set of telecom QMS requirements, which reduces the number of standards for the industry
- Foster a system that protects the integrity and use of telecom products hardware, software and services
- Define effective cost and performance-based measurements to guide progress and evaluate the results of QMS implementation
- Drive continual improvement and enhance customer relationships
- Leverage the industry conformity assessment process
- Supplier and Provider of the telecommunications industry
- Interest groups which produce/service one or more of the product(s) defined in the TL 9000 Product Category Tables
As a result, the TL 9000 is a two-part quality system with significant management and measurement components.
In particular, TL 9000 registered organizations are required to comply with:
- All requirements clauses of the International Standards ISO 9001
- Common telecom-specific requirements that apply to all registrations
- Telecom-specific requirements that apply to hardware, software and/or service registrations
- Common telecom industry measurements that apply in all product categories
- Telecom industry measurements that apply in certain product categories specific to hardware, software and/ or services
The TL 9000 Requirements Handbook and Measurements Handbook provide exhaustive information on both aspects of this quality management system.
The TL 9000 Quality Management System requires an organization to engage in continual improvement of products, services or processes. To ensure effectiveness and provide a performance baseline, TL 9000 enables organizations to input company TL 9000 registration information through the online Registration Repository System (RRS), and access benchmarkable data and industry trend reports through the QuEST Forum web site.
Registration to TL 9000 has proven beneficial to both service providers and suppliers. Testimonials and case studies from member companies cite improvements such as a 20% savings in cost of quality; a 40% improvement in on-time deliveries; an 80% reduction in procurement cycle time; and 25% reduction in first year return rates.
Quality Austria - Trainings, Zertifizierungs und Begutachtungs GmbH obtained the TL 9000 accreditation in a very early beginning phase since 2001 acc. to the Federal Law Gazette, 182nd Regulation and was the first in the German speaking area in Europe.
If you are interested in our service, we will be pleased to contact you. Please complete the inquiry form below. An employee will deal with your concern as soon as possible.
As for information given on the phone, our Customer Service Center will be pleased to be at your disposal at +43 732 34 23 22.