Value created by Quality Management Certificates
On the initiative of the European Organization for Quality (EOQ), a survey was made among certified Quality Representatives and Quality Managers in the member countries. Quality Austria performed the survey from July 2014 to late August 2014. The Austrian results are available now. The response amounted to 172 or 15 %.
The survey was aimed at asking for the relevance for practice and the value created by the qualityaustria training and examination (individuals’ certification) and obtain impulses for future requirements and topics.
In October 2014, some holders of Individuals’ Certificates also declared themselves to be ready to continue to work at these topics together with Anni Koubek, who is responsible for innovation at qualityaustria, by taking part in so-called focus groups.
The survey has furnished very positive feedback, which underlines the significance of the Individuals’ Certificates, which are recognized worldwide.
- 94 % say yes to the question “Is it advantageous to be a certified Quality Expert, System Representative or Manager, Auditor or Lead Auditor QM?”
- 86 % of the interviewees mark “with a high level of congruence” or “with a very high level of congruence” when asked whether the competencies demanded by individuals’ certification are compatible with the responsibilities they need to assume within their companies.
- Integrated management systems continue to become more and more important. In this respect, Quality Representatives and Quality Managers play a central role. For many Quality Representatives and Quality Managers also are responsible for other management systems, primarily for those relating to environmental management (67 %), OH&S (occupational health and safety) management (60 %) and risk management (48 %).
- 85 % agree that the training was cost effective.
- 88 % finally think that the training has covered the requirements placed by their work.
News & Events
The basis for long-term success!
QMD Services obtains designation as a Notified Body for in vitro diagnostic devices
Milestone for the Medical Device IndustryLearn more
Christian Matzku (50) takes over the Management of “Sales Steering” at Quality Austria
Sales professional starts at certification organizationLearn more
The new EU Guideline on the implementation of Food Safety Management Systems published
New developments for Food BusinessesLearn more
New cooperation with ENFIT for highest standards
HQF Certification in supply chains acc. to the ENFIT StandardLearn more
The five stumbling blocks you should dodge on your way to a management system
Mind the step!Learn more
25th anniversary of successful cooperation in certification
Alkaloid celebrates 25 years of successful cooperationLearn more
IFS Food Version 8 – first DRAFT version published
What changes and new features are comingLearn more